Friday, January 23, 2009

Back From Vacation

I apologize to those of you, who I hope check the blog regularly, for the lack of posting but I was on vacation for a week, and busy the week before with training. My excuse is, I was here:


Enjoying this:
For a week away from work and the Internet. But I am back and have two posts ready. The first one is a challenge.

The challenge is the 1 mile solution, and here are the details:

28% of all trips in the USA are within 1 mile of home. The vast majority of these trips are made by car. We should encourage people (who are able) to replace one car trip per week within a mile from home with walking or cycling. One trip becomes two, then three, then more. The benefits for the environment, the pocketbook, and our personal and community well being would be huge.

For more information you can click here

It would be great if those of you who chose to work on the 1-mile solution could share your achievements by leaving comments on this blog.

No comments: